WORLD'S FIRST PLA BIODEGRADABLE VAPE BRAND OUKITELVAPE - GET TO KNOW WHAT IS PLA BIODEGRADABLE MATERIAL
Polylactic acid（PLA）, is also known as polylactide. Polylactic acid is a new type of bio-based and renewable biodegradable material, which is made from starch raw materials proposed by renewable plant resources (such as corn, cassava, etc.). The starch raw material is saccharified to obtain glucose, and then fermented from glucose and certain strains to produce high purity lactic acid, and then chemical synthesis method is used to synthesize polylactic acid with a certain molecular weight. It has good biodegradability. After use, it can be completely degraded by microorganisms in nature under specific conditions, and finally be decomposed to carbon dioxide and water, which does not pollute the environment and is very beneficial to protecting the environment. It is recognized as a kind of environmentally friendly material.
Polylactic acid (H-[OCHCH3CO]n-OH) has good thermal stability, good solvent resistance, and can be processed in various ways, such as extrusion, spinning, biaxial drawing stretch, injection blow molding. In addition to being biodegradable, the products made of polylactic acid have good biocompatibility, gloss, transparency and hand feeling, and can be used as packaging materials, fibers and nonwovens, etc., mainly used in clothing (underwear, outerwear), Industry (construction, agriculture, forestry, papermaking) and health care and other fields.
Plastic pollution a global problem
One million plastic bottles are sold every minute in the world, and the total can reach 500 billion in a year, which is equivalent to 20,000 plastic bottles used every second. This figure is expected to increase by 20%.
It takes 20 years for a plastic bag to be completely broken down into microplastics, and even 450 years for a plastic bottle. The average person on the earth uses about 60 kilograms of plastic each year, and even more than 100 kilograms for North American and West European residents.
Discarding disposable vape has become the government issue. Not only is it related to health and the protection of minors, but it is also related to environmental issues.
Disposal of disposable vape can lead to harmful environmental impacts in landfills, hazardous waste disposal and carbon emitters. Even if these devices are recycled, they end up in landfills because they are not designed for recycling and need to be disassembled into different components to be properly recycled. In the context of carbon neutralization and globalization, how to make disposable vape more adaptable, so as to protect the environment has become an industry sore point in the global disposable vape market!
PLA becomes a trend
PLA is 100% biodegradable, one of the first renewable polymers to compete with traditional polymers in terms of environmental impact. Because it has a threefold reduction in CO2 emissions and is applied, PLA does a great job of harmonizing plastic with the environment.
In June 2020, the Citizens Climate Pact recommended “the establishment of mechanisms to promote the use of compostable and even – over time – fully biodegradable biomaterials”.
PLA is a clear and rigid polyester at room temperature, unlike other compostable materials. PLA has a clear and glossy appearance similar to glass, easy to print, resistant to fats, many organic compounds and solvents, and has moderate barrier properties like polystyrene. Therefore, PLA can replace ordinally plastic products in many applications.
8 Features Of PLA Biodegradable Material
- Polylactic acid is a new type of biodegradable material. It has good biodegradability. After use, it can be completely degraded by microorganisms in nature, and finally be decomposed to CO2 and H2O, which does not pollute the environment. It is very beneficial to protect the environment and is recognized as a kind of environmentally friendly materials.
Good mechanical and physical properties. Polylactic acid is suitable for various processing methods such as blow molding and thermoplastic. It is easy to produce and comprehensively used.
Compatibility and degradability are good. Polylactic acid is also widely used in the field of medicine, such as the production of disposable infusion sets, non-detachable surgical sutures, etc., and low-molecular polylactic acid as a drug sustained-release packaging agent.
In addition to the basic characteristics of biodegradable plastics, polylactic acid also has its own unique characteristics. Traditional biodegradable plastics are not as strong, transparent and resistant to climate change as ordinary plastics.
The basic physical properties of polylactic acid and petrochemical synthetic plastics are similar, that is to say, it can be widely used to manufacture various application products. Polylactic acid also has good gloss and transparency, which is comparable to the film made of polystyrene, which other biodegradable products cannot provide.
Polylactic acid has the best tensile strength and ductility, and polylactic acid can also be produced in various common processing methods.
- Polylactic acid film has good air permeability, oxygen permeability and carbon dioxide permeability, and it also has the characteristics of odor isolation. Viruses and molds are easily attached to the surface of biodegradable plastics, so there are concerns about safety and hygiene. Polylactic acid is the only biodegradable plastic with excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- When incinerating polylactic acid, its combustion calorific value is the same as that of incinerating paper, which is half percentage of incinerating traditional plastics (such as polyethylene), and incinerating polylactic acid will never release toxic gases such as nitrides and sulfides. The human body also contains lactic acid in its monomeric form, which indicates the safety of this decomposable product.
pla biodegradable material has other advantages
PLA material also has excellent advantages such as Antibacterial and Anti-mite.
OUKITELVAPE has passed the Anti bacterial test such as Escherichia coli test, test standard ≥ 70 can pass and OUKITELVAPE passed by result of 72, Staphylococcus aureus test standard ≥60 and OUKITELVAPE passed by result of 96, Candida albicans test standard ≥60 and OUKITELVAPE passed by result of 61.
OUKITELVAPE has passed the Mites Inhibition Rate test which the test standard ≥60 and passed by result 60.7.
What is the difference between pla biodegradable material and traditional vape materials?
Disadvantages of petroleum-based products:
- When recycling waste plastics, sorting is very difficult and uneconomical.
- Plastics are easy to burn and produce toxic gases when burned.
- Plastics are made from petroleum refining products, and petroleum resources are limited.
- It takes hundreds of years for plastic to be decomposed in the ground.
- The heat resistance of plastic is poor, and it is easy to be worn.
- Due to the inability of natural degradation of plastic, it has become the No. 1 enemy of human beings, and it has also led to the tragedy of many animal deaths.
Disadvantages of competing disposable vape materials:
- Recycling is difficult, non-degradable, and it pollutes the environment.
- Petroleum refined products are unhealthy and cannot inhibit bacteria and carry mites.
- Poor gloss and raw color.
- It does not conform to the trend, and is gradually outdated and eliminated.